I like to make quick, easy meals that can be reheated and repurposed throughout the week. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and great for meal prep! I typically don’t eat a lot of meat, but Chad and Jack do, so I like to make things that can easily compliment or mix in any protein. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Quinoa Casserole
• 4 cups sweet potatoes (1/2-inch cubes) or 1 large can sweet potatoes
• 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa
• 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 1 tsp. chili powder
• 2 tsp. cumin
• 1 tbsp. minced garlic
• ½ tsp. dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Combine all ingredients and bake, covered with tin foil, for 45 minutes.
5. Remove tin foil and continue baking for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until liquid is mostly absorbed and the potatoes are tender.
6. Remove from oven and let the casserole sit for 5 minutes so that any remaining liquid can be fully absorbed. Serve and enjoy!
I topped mine with cojita cheese and guacamole for more of a Mexican feel. Chad mixed in BBQ Chicken and loved that too. How did you eat yours?