I don’t know about you, but when the weather gets cooler, I’m all about my slow cooker! I love to kick it on in the morning and smell its goodness all day long, and then enjoy a hot meal at the end of my day. I am a big risotto fan, and this recipe is so easy and tasty, and we keep it on repeat in the Fall and Winter.
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (Can use dairy free for vegan)
- 1-2 cups of desired vegetables (Ideas: corn, asparagus, mushrooms, peas)
- 2 tbsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. basil
- Combine rice, vegetables, and all your seasonings in your slow cooker.
- Add in olive oil and broth. Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, or until most of the moisture is absorbed.
- Add in cheese and stir.
There are a lot of ways to be creative with this recipe depending on the vegetables you want to add. I can’t wait to hear what you think!