Overnight Oats are one of my favorite quick, easy, healthy breakfast items to meal prep for the week. But I’m here to tell you that Overnight Chia Seed Pudding is the real unsung hero that I’ve been eating on repeat lately.
Chia Seed Pudding makes a fantastic breakfast, a filling mid-day snack, or a fabulous dessert! The recipe is so simple, it’s really versatile, and the flavor and topping possibilities are endless.
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I prefer coconut milk, because it’s extra thick and creamy.)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (I use chocolate, and I prefer the Arbonne brand.)
- 1 cup cauliflower rice (This is totally optional, but I’m always finding an excuse to add in more veggies.)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp nut butter of choice
- Add all ingredients except nut butter to the container of your choice (mason jar, Tupperware, etc.)
- Replace the lid and give it a shake to combine all of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, remove from the refrigerator, and you have several options:
- I prefer a hot breakfast, so I heat mine for 3 minutes in the microwave, and then I add the nut butter to the top.
- You can eat it cold. Just give it a stir to combine everything, and add the nut butter.
- To save on more time, you can add the nut butter when prepping; I just prefer to add it at the end for a creamier consistency.
Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 4-5 days, and you can add with more toppings if you like–bananas, granola, whipped cream, whatever!
I know you’ll love it, and I can’t wait to hear what you add to yours!