The majority of 2020 was spent supporting all things local. I have always had a strong passion for small, local businesses, and our family makes an effort to support them as much as possible. It’s actually one of the reasons that I stumbled into the “influencer” role; I was frequently sharing the local business gospel with friends and family, but now I do it on a larger scale. So when the pandemic hit and businesses were forced to close and/or limit their operations, I felt a more intense need to support them as much as and in as many ways as possible. So putting together a list of 10 items that I purchased from Amazon in 2020 was actually quite difficult. The deliveries were not nearly as frequent as in years past, as I focused on finding my purchases locally. However, I did round up my top ten Amazon purchases from last year, and I know you’ll like them too.
- Acrylic Mask Chain The accessory we never knew we needed before 2020: The mask chain. Look, if you don’t have one of these yet, I urge you to get on it. For the frequent up/down, on/off that wearing a mask brings, this keeps you hands-free and not currently searching. I bought a few locally, but this one has been my favorite.
- Makeup Brush Set I purchased this makeup brush set on a whim when it popped up on my recommendations and was skeptical. Y’all, for such a low price, these are very good quality brushes. I’ve had them for several months, have cleaned them multiple times, and they are still rocking.
- Daily Planner Notepad One of my favorite local bloggers posted about these in the Summer, and I thought they looked like something I could easily fit into my daily routine. I started using them immediately, and have used them every day since. They have the perfect breakdown and amount of space to keep me organized.
- Eyelash & Brow Enhancer Serum Prior to the stay at home order, I had lash extensions. (You can read all about it here.) But anyone that has had them knows, them babies don’t keep. So without access to maintenance, they all fell out. I was left with some fairly unhealthy lashes, so I needed a solution to grow them out and get them back in fighting shape. I have used lash serums in the past, but they are expensive and don’t always work. The price was right on a sample of this product, so I took the leap. It worked! I have ordered the full size several times since this initial purchase, and my lashes are looking fabulous.
- Silicone Mask Brushes I am a sucker for skincare. And this is a relatively new revalation, as my twenties were spent sleeping in my makeup and being genuinely confused when my skin would be dry or a zit would dare to appear. But when I turned 30 and my face started to change, I started taking an interest in products and have develpoed a bit of an obsession. I love a good face mask and typically do one every Sunday, but you are always met with the delima of wassted product all over your hands. No longer! Apply the mask directly to the brush, and it goes on so smoothly, and with easy cleanup too.
- Wide Shoulder Strap Your girl loves a good handbag. But I have expensive taste. It’s a thing. Let’s move on. In 2020, with so much uncertainty, I didn’t think it was prudent to drop some dollars on a desigener label. But I found a fun (and inexpensive) solution in this strap. You can add it to a handbag, and it changes the entire look of the bag. It comes in a ton of colors, so you have some really fun options to create a new bag at a low price.
- Reusable Facial Pads Cotton Rounds Refer back to number 5 for a recap on my skincare obsession. So here’s something else you should know–I’m kind of frugal. But on really weird things! For example, I think dropping $3 on a bag of cotton pads is so dumb. You’re literally throwing away money. Not to mention the environmental impact. These have been the perfect solution for those concerns. I’ve been using them and washing them for months, and I am so happy with them.
- Tank Dress Okay, here’s the deal, I am not a big fan of clothing on Amazon. I know that people find some serious gems. But I don’t like to “hunt,” and I’m rarely pleased with the quality of the prodicts. However, I am a big fan of this style of dress. It hugs and gives in all the right places for my body type. But they’re hard to find, and when I do, they are typically pretty pricey. So when this popped up on my recommendations (creepy), I went for it. And dang, it’s so good! I went with basic black to be safe, but I will be purchasing from their many other colors.
- Apple Watch Band Literally no one is surprised that something leopard made the list. I got an Apple Watch for my birthday, and I instantly started searching for ways to spice up the black band. After a coupld of failed attemps with a fabric band (cute, but impractical), I went with this silicone option. The quality is great, and it’s still going strong through a lot of days, a lot of sweat, and a lot of on and off.
- Camera Remote Control Intially this may only seem like a blogger/influencer item, but for anyone that has tried to take a family picture on their phone with a toddler, they know. This has such a low price, but the quality is great. It’s easy to set up and sync, and it’s very easy to use.
I would love to know any of your 2020 Amazon purchases! Although my focus will continue to be primarily on supporting local, I’m always looking for fun new items.