How is it that life has changed so much over the past 6 months, my travel calendar has been completed wiped, and events have been cancelled left and right, but August is moving at lightning speed?! Although we’re still minimizing our interactions and outings and are practicing a lot of additional safety measures, people are starting to get more restless and are moving forward in their own ways. Because of that, our calendar is starting to fill up, and it is bringing me LIFE! A Stay At Home Order is hard on anyone, but your extroverted friend has been a little extra struggly the past few months. I need people and places and things, and having those things back little by little is bringing me so much happiness. Check out what was rocking my world last week:
- Late Night Laughs. Okay my version of “late night” is nobody else’s. I am typically falling asleep on the couch between 8:00 and 9:00, and I don’t remember the last time I saw anything past 10:00 PM. Jack goes to bed at 7:00; we watch a little TV; and we typically start our bedtime routine around 8:00. Then I have a hard stop on anything phone-related at 9:00. So I typically spend a few minutes mindlessly scrolling before logging off. The past few nights, I have been diving down deep rabbit holes. Of memes. Okay for anyone that knows me, they know I love memes, so this probably doesn’t sound like anything new. But this is me consuming nothing but humor for several minutes right before ending my screen time. Y’all. Game.Changer. There’s really nothing like laughing yourself into slumber while your husband looks at you like you’ve lost it.
- Tribe Pop-Up. If we’ve been friends for any length of time, you know that I have a deep love for small businesses. Especially if they’re local. And double especially if they are owned by women. One of the best things about diving into the “influencer” world is connecting with business owners. I met Ashley, the owner of Tribe Boutique, a couple of years ago at an event and have followed her on Instagram ever since. We have bonded over a mutual love of craft beer, and travel, and of course jewelry. Ashley has an online store, but she is a staple at events all over the Midwest. Recently, she launched her newest creative venture–a mobile boutique. She refurbished a travel trailer and turned it into a beautiful mobile store that she is taking on the road for pop up and private events. Last week, I got a private sneak peek of it and her new arrivals, and I am in love!
- Brow Refresh. Last year, I had my eyebrows microbladed, and it was the best beauty-related decision I’ve ever made. (You can read about the entire experience in this blog post.) Every year, you are supposed to get a touch up on your brows to keep them looking fresh. I set my appointment with Dax and could not wait to see her, catch up, and get touched up. Dax’s studio is absolutely beautiful, she is so much fun, and I had the best time with her on Friday afternoon. Plus, my brows are looking FABULOUS! She touched up the color and the strokes, and she gave me a little more arch for a little more drama. I am still so happy with my brows, and I highly recommend Dax to anyone that is interested!
- Negro Leagues Baseball Museum Visit. As you know, I am a contributor for City Lifestyle, and most of my content is locally focused. We recently launched a new program where we are partnering with local landmarks. My initial assignment is with the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, and I could not be more excited. I have not been to the museum in years but have been eager to get back. With this new assignment and a baseball-obsessed toddler, this weekend was the perfect time to visit. Plus, the museum was celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the Negro Leagues! We had the best time exploring and learning, and Jack narrated the entire visit for us and for everyone around us. (Sorry…) More to come on this!
- New (To Me) Podcast. Never did I ever think that my podcast cue would be empty, but I’ve got a lot of time on my hands these days. So last week, I found myself in that exact situation. Love or hate technology, its algorithms, and its creepiness, one thing I love is that Apple Podcasts makes recommendations for you based on your previous activity. So when I saw “Even The Rich” at the top of my list, I read the summary, and it seemed like a good fit. It just started its sixth season, and I binged an entire season this weekend while driving, doing laundry, meal prepping, and really any excuse I could find. It is so good, and it’s going on My Favorite Podcasts!
I hope you have a wonderful week, and I hope you share the happiness with the world!