I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again–Give me any recipe with minimal dishes to clean! So I’m always trying to create as many one pot meals as possible. I had these ingredients on hand, so I decided to give it a shot. The result was delicious, and I’ve been dreaming of the leftovers!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 8 oz carton sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 minced garlic gloves (aprox 3 tbsp.)
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice (I used almond.)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 box risoni (I used Trader Joe’s, and you can also use orzo instead.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bag baby spinach
- Optional toppings: grated parmesan, parsley
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a non-stick pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened (3-5 minutes), remove from pan, and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium and melt the butter in the pan. Add garlic, onion powder, and flour and stir together into paste.
- Add the milk and broth and whisk together.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add the risoni, salt, and pepper.
- Stir, put on lid, and bring to a simmer.
- Leave to cook for 8-10 minutes or until the risoni is cooked and is still saucy.
- Remove the pan from the stove.
- Stir in the parmesan, spinach, and mushrooms.
- Serve immediately.