Deep into my No Spend November, and seriously craving a smoothie bowl from my beloved Nékter. I decided to get a little creative with some items I had on hand, and the end result was delicious. One innocent little prideful picture in my InstaStories prompted several requests for the recipe, so on the blog it goes!
• 2 frozen bananas
• 1 handful spinach (Optional)
• 2 scoops chocolate protein powder of choice (I use Arbonne.)
• 1 tbsp cacao (This is optional, but it makes it more chocolatey.)
• 1 handful of ice
• 1/3 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk.)
• Optional toppings of choice: Chia Seeds, Shredded Coconut, Nut Butter, Crumbled Protein Bar, Granola, the works!
(In the bowl pictured, I topped with 1 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tsp cashew butter, and a crumbled Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Kind Bar.)
• Place all ingredients (not including toppings) in food processor or Vitamix. (A regular blender will not work, because there is not enough liquid.)
• After fully blended, pour in bowl, load on the toppings, and enjoy!
Let me know what you add to yours!