Nachos might be the most perfect bar food ever created. I’ve literally never heard a soul say, “Nah, I don’t’ like nachos.” I mean tortilla chips for one thing. And then whatever you want to add to the top…the possibilities are endless. (And delicious.)
One of my favorite nacho toppings is guacamole. I love guac and will find any excuse to eat it—extra or not. One day, I was dipping some mini bell peppers into guacamole, and it hit me—Bell Pepper Nachos. Tons of flavor and extra veggies—Win, Win!
Here is my super easy recipe that everyone in our family (including my PB&J-loving toddler) loves!
12 sweet mini bell peppers
- 8 oz. protein of choice (taco meat, chicken, veggie crumbles, etc.)
- sliced black olives
- black beans
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice off and discard the stem end of each pepper. Remove and discard seeds. Slice each pepper in half lengthwise, and lay them on the baking sheet, cut sides down.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Flip pepper halves. Bake until soft, about 5 more minutes.
- Arrange them in the center of the cooking sheet. Top with protein, beans, and cheese.
- Bake until cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, scallions, guacamole, whatever you choose.
I hope you enjoy, and I can’t wait to see what you create!