Who doesn’t love the first of a new month? (And not just because it’s an added excuse to sing Bone Thugs in your car on the way to the gym.) New goals. New opportunities. A fresh start. You name it…it speaks to my Type-A soul. With that said, this new month brings something new for me that I’ve been putting off for quite some time: Starting a blog! Let’s kick this off with a lil “Getting to Know You” sesh that would make Julie Andrews proud.
10 Things About Molly B:
- The name of this blog, CrowningGlory, has many meanings for me: being a daughter of the King, loving the fact that I have hair, living in Kansas City (AKA “Crown Town”), all of which I will explore in later posts.
- Chad B. and I celebrated 12 years of marriage on June 23, 2019, and we’ve been together since 2002. I have always called him Chad B., and I have absolutely no idea why.
- I am a mommy to our son, Jack, who we adopted in April 2017. He. Is. My. Sunshine.
- Our first baby was our dachshund-pug mix, Roxy, who we adopted in 2006. Sadly, we lost her in April of this year, and we miss her every day.
- I love all things health and fitness. My main jam is running, but I am all out for OrangeTheory Fitness. (Get it, Oranges?) They should seriously put me on the payroll for all of my free marketing.
- I have a massive sweet tooth. Cupcakes are my everything, but I really don’t discriminate when it comes to baked goods.
- I was diagnosed with gestational trophoblastic disease in 2007, which is a uterine tumor caused by a molar pregnancy. Lots of prayers, eight months of chemo, and some incredible people have me celebrating my Second Birthday every July 7th.
- I am obsessed with all things fashion. I converted one of the bedrooms in our home into a dressing room, and I am (apparently) on a mission to fill it. I have a special affinity for accessories–jewelry, handbags, shoes. I am a Stella & Dot Stylist, and I love sharing my love for fashion and beautiful things with others.
- I. Love. Food. Yes, I realize I mentioned my sweet tooth above, but this deserves its own line item. Chad B. and I love to try new restaurants and recipes. There’s not much we won’t try. I don’t eat much meat, but that hasn’t stopped me from eating some incredible things.
- I am a Banker. It was completely accidental, but definitely meant to be. I have a lot of other interests and side projects that keep me busy, but banking pays the bills, and I love it!
I look forward to sharing more of my world with all of you!